Praise Radio, WPRZ, first aired in 1982 on a 1,000 watt AM station that was given to Praise Communications, Inc. in 1984. Back then, it was one of the first stations solely dedicated to broadcasting inspirational Contemporary Christian Music. Though it faced the threat of cancellation several times, WPRZ has been kept alive by God’s will and the tenacity and perseverance of Sally Buchanan, her husband, Steve Buchanan, and their dedicated staff and volunteers at Praise Communications, Inc.
Now, almost 30 years later, what began as a pioneering small AM station, now streams to the world over the internet and on WPRZ 88.1 FM. Steve and Sally’s mission to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost, to nurture and help believers grow in their relationship with God and to strengthen the local church continues as they look forward to growing the reach of WPRZ and Praise Communications and using new methods.
Thank you for being a part of this new chapter in the history of WPRZ and Praise Communications!! Click through the new WPRZ.org to see the exciting plans in store – such as live Praise Gatherings at our new location! May God bless and keep you, may you walk in His word, and never forget He does not measure success the way the world measures it. All He wants from you is a willingness and a desire to serve Him and do what He wants you to do. Trust Him with your whole heart and He will make a way for you to do what He has called you to do!
Sally and Steve Buchanan
What WPRZ Believes
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal return in power and in glory!
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful men regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism is a responsibility of both the church and each Christian